Monday, December 1, 2014

|Style| The Twelve Looks of Christmas - Look One | Bundle Up!

1st Day Collage-800
‘Tis the season!  In honour of my love of the holidays, I have created, The Twelve Looks of Christmas!  Starting today, for the next few weeks leading up to December 25th!  Each post will focus around a key trend or theme for the holiday season.  

For The First Look of Christmas, JustBiffi give to you, coats!  It’s getting colder out there and it's time to bundle up!  As a person that loves to layer, I've always loved outwear.  This season outerwear pieces have become statement looks onto  themselves.  Great textures, details and shapes.  Here are a few of my favourite trends.  
DSC04951-800
cocoon coat and scarf - Addition Elle | gloves - Aldo Accessories | leggings and boots - Penningtons | bag - from Portugal
Cocoon shapes give a great modern shape to outerwear.  It’s an edgier take on a longer line coat, that will definitely keep you warm!  Here I paired this marbled black coat with a similarly marbled scarf for a very monochromatic look.
DSC04958-800
cape - Forever 21 | scarf and bag - Aldo | gloves - Aldo Accessories | boots - Penningtons | earmuffs - vintage
I am obsessed with capes!  I feel like I have been looking for the perfect cape for so long, and I could not be happier with this one!  It has a moulded shoulder, rib detailing and pockets (let the chorus sing)!  The leather detailing on the welt pocket is also a sophisticated touch, that I appreciate.
DSC04979-800
jacket - Carmakoma (available at PRiMAALA) | gloves - Domino Dollhouse | scarf - COVET By BIFFI
White coats in the winter have always scared me.  I travel on public transit, and the TTC and white doesn’t always mix.  But what I love on this occasional jacket, is that the white is the backdrop to this gorgeous tartan.  This piece is classic, but far from stuffy.  It winks at Chanel, but has a distinct edge.  

These are just a few of my favourite trends in outerwear, comment below and let me know what’s keeping you warm this winter!  And stay tuned for the next installment of The Twelve Looks of Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. My hair twin (minus the bangs) these photo's are amazing! Love all these outfits, white scares me too but in the name of fashion why the hell not. Cant wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all three looks! I've been hunting for the right wrap or cape for myself, but it just hasn't appeared yet. Your styling is so perfect, I just want all the gloves, ALL OF THEM!!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete