Tuesday, June 17, 2014

|Style| One Look - Two Ways...Stripe Top and Soft Pant

DSC04208 - Combo
If you’re like me you have a few favourite pieces of clothing.  And every once and a while, those favourites work really well with other favourites, giving you a killer outfit.  For me it’s all about versatility.  I want to be able to wear that great look for more than one occasion, but have it look different each time.  I don’t think that’s too much to ask for.

In my first of a new feature, One Look - Two Ways, I took my new American Eagle striped top and paired it with my Addition Elle soft pant.  I also kept the base accessories and added new elements to change up the feel of the overall look for each outfit.    
DSC04134 - 800
necklace - Topshop | midi rings, bracelets and watch - Aldo Accessories
I saw this top when passing by the window display at the Eaton Center.  I don’t think I’ve shopped at American Eagle since I was in high school (and even then, it was usually shopping with/for friends and not myself).  But when I saw this top I knew I wanted it.  Even though American Eagle doesn’t offer plus sizes, this top has a draped, more than generous fit.  I also love a horizontal stripe for spring (I loves me some nautical vibes).  The pants I’ve had for a while (and they became a fast favourite).  I like that they can be dressed up or paired down.  
DSC04209 - 800
chambray top and pants - Addition Elle | top - American Eagle | sandals and earrings - Urban Behaviour | glasses - Dita (via Spectacle) 
Look one is all about casual.  I took the base elements and added this easy wear chambray button down shirt.  I like the play of levels and textures in this outfit.  I completed the look with bright yellow sandals and Grandmasters from Dita.    
DSC04191 - 800
blazer - Penningtons | shoes - Call It Spring | glasses - gift from Portugal
Look two is more put together.  Here I wanted to give my base look a more polished vibe.  The addition of this bright blazer gives this look a fresh sophistication.  I finished off the outfit with my new white perforated leather-look slip ons.

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these outfits.. especially the soft pants. I love me some nautical vibes too! Great post, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete