Monday, June 23, 2014

|Style| It's All In The Jeans

DSC04545-800
sunglasses, necklace and rings - Aldo Accessories | top, belt, jeans and shoes - Torrid | clutch - Queen Street West vendor | earrings - Topshop | watch - Call It Spring
A great pair of jeans can be hard to find.  Who am I kidding?  It can be IMPOSSIBLE to find - especially in plus size!  Personally, I have a hard time with jeans in general.  They are too long, the rise is too low or the leg is never narrow enough.  And that’s when I try them on.  When I decide to order jeans online, going only on the brand’s description of fit alone, I know I’m taking a gamble.
DSC04556-800
About a month ago I was up late and in need of some retail therapy.  I just wanted something new.  I landed on Torrid’s site and liked that they had a BOGO event going on (and the fact that I had a paid off Torrid Credit Card at my disposal didn’t hurt either).  I had a few items in my cart and then on a whim decided that I would give their jeans a try.  One of my all time favourite pairs of jeans had come from Torrid, back in the day, and though I haven’t seen them since, I knew it was possible to find.  I looked over all the descriptions of fit and styles.  In the end I went with the Jegging style.  It had the highest rise, narrowest leg opening and most stretch. 
DSC04540-800
A couple weeks ago my package was delivered.  I immediately tried on the jeans.  Like most jeans the legs were not as narrow of a skinny as I would like, but since I know my way around a sewing machine that doesn’t phase me.  Once I narrowed the legs I was in love!  

I'm going to need to make some more room on that Torrid Credit Card...

2 comments:

  1. Fierce! Your confidence is jumping off the pictures.
    www.pumpsandstudz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good article and very beneficial, continue to work for the common good, thank you
    vimax - izon 4D

    ReplyDelete