Thursday, June 19, 2014

|Style| Mermaid At The Wedding

DSC04767-800
I don’t really need an excuse get all dolled up.  But...what better a reason than one of your best friend from high school’s wedding!  Over the weekend my bf, my best friend Sean (the bride, Sean and myself go all the way back to grade 9), his partner and I went to our friend Penny’s wedding.  
DSC04782-800
A few months back I started looking for a dress.  I wanted something short and fun.  I knew that part of the wedding would be held outside, so I wanted it to be colourful and playful.  When I came across this ASOS Curve dress I fell in love.  The colour was perfect and the tone on tone sequins in the shell detail was too pretty to ignore.  My inner mermaid couldn’t resist.
DSC04772-combo
shoes, bag and midi rings - Call It Spring | earrings - Topshop
To complete the look I wanted to keep the accessories simple.  I opted for just a statement earring and low profile hand jewelry.  I wanted the focus to be on the dress.  I went with a mint bag and simple sandals.  I love the play of mint off the coral (and it kept with my mermaid out of water vibe).
DSC04781-800
dress - ASOS Curve
The wedding was also a great reason to dress up my man!  To me there is nothing sexier than a man in well fitting formal wear.  Since I knew it would be a warm day, I knew the bf would not be into a jacket, so we went with a vest instead.  We kept the colours light and airy, with brown tones to accent the look.  It was impossibly frustrating how easy this was to put together for him. 
DSC04805-combo
On the bf: vest and pants - Mexx | shirt and tie - H&M | shoes - Aldo
A huge congratulation to Penny and Brad.  Thank you for including Elliot and me on your happy day.  All the best and all my love to you both!
DSC04727-800

1 comment:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing.
    Indian Bridal Jewellery

    ReplyDelete