Tuesday, May 6, 2014

|Style| Spring Is B[l]ack

DSC03590 - blogged
top - Addition Elle | belt - Penningtons | skirt - Forever21 | clutch - H&M | boots - Aldo
It’s the beginning of May and I think we can finally say we’ve seen the last of the sudden snow falls.  This long, awful winter finally seems to have gotten the message.  And though I may have shed some layers, I haven’t gone full spring colour yet.  

There’s something seductive about an all black outfit that you can’t deny.  It’s a little sexy and a little mysterious.  Black is classic and season-less.

DSC03597
This giraffe print clutch keeps my look monochromatic but gives it a pop.  Nails by Justin at Pinky's.
I’ve been wanting a midi skirt for spring.  I like the length of this style because it allows me to show some leg, without feeling uncomfortable.  I’ve never been into showing my legs, but I’m making a conscious effort to break out of that, and this skirt is the perfect stepping stone.  Wanting to keep it light and fresh, but still all black, I topped off the skirt with a sheer, chiffon lattice top cinched with a rose gold chain belt.

DSC03598
I'm also very excited about my new spring hair...the bowl cut!  I let Sylvie of The Loft Toronto transform my growing-out pixie into a fresh and modern take on a classic, while I grow my hair out.  I'm so in love with this new colour as well.  Very clean with hints of golden red throughout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment