Thursday, May 8, 2014

|Style| [Floral] Factory Girl

DSC03616
The 1960s have always been on the top of my list of favourite decades for fashion.  It all started when I was a young girl and I stumbled upon Barbarella on TV.  I was too young to understand it (I mean way too young...way to drop the ball Mom and Dad), but I fell in love with ‘look’ of it all.  

As I got older, that love never faded.  I could spend hours looking up photos and films from the era.  The late ‘60s influenced a lot of my early designs. The use of unexpected materials.  The nod to the future.  Short lengths.  And who could deny that makeup!  Everything was so spot on.    

DSC03608
dress - Forever21 | earrings - Design + Conquer | shoes and watch - Spring | sunglasses - gifted
When I spotted this floral scuba dress online, I could not resist.  It just screamed Mod Twiggy to me, and I had to have it.  I love everything about this dress.  The fit, the zipper detail, the black blocks/banding and the Pop Art colour and graphics.  

DSC03610
I couldn’t help but channel my inner Edie Sedgwick and pair this look with these over the top, custom made Design + Conquer earrings.  Morgan Mallett (the powerhouse behind D+C), and I collaborated for my first runway show post Project Runway.  She hand made these beautiful, special polymer earrings in my collection colours for me and smaller versions for my models. 

DSC03611
With the sun finally starting to come out, my extensive collection of sunnies finally get to to shine (maybe that pun was intended...sorry, not sorry).  I was gifted this very oversized pair by one of my girlfriends.  I have always loved larger glasses.  And these tortoise shell look glasses are the perfect ‘60s finish to this colourful look.

No comments:

Post a Comment