Friday, October 10, 2014

|Style| Guest Speaker

DSC08605v2-800
On Tuesday I had the opportunity to speak to the Introduction to Fashion students in first year at Ryerson University.  As an alumni of the Fashion Design program, I like to help whenever I can.  The students have been asked to design a dress for either the plus size or petite market.  My former professor Lu Ann, asked if I would join Diana Di Poce from DARE Magazine and Kristy Laing, a brand manager for Jones New York, to speak to the students about the market place, design and trends.  
DSC08555-800
Intro To Fashion class, first year Ryerson students
It was great to introduce these first years to a different sector within fashion and to answer some of their questions.  It’s also always a little strange to be on the opposite side of the of things, since it wasn’t that long ago I was in their place.  
DSC08636-800
blazer - Reitmans | top - Addition Elle | jeans - Torrid | bag and shoes - Aldo | ring - Mirror Image
I love the look I put together here.  It’s the perfect combination of fall trend and sophisticated alumni.  I picked up this great chiffon plaid shirt up while I was on my stay-cation in Guelph a few weeks ago.  The blazer I’ve had for a while, and the weather is finally breezy enough to wear without over heating.  Some simple flat and an this beautiful teal bag keep the look fresh, but polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment