Saturday, September 27, 2014

|Style| Three Ways To Wear It - The Midi Dress

DSC08384-Threesomev2-800
One of my staple pieces for this fall season, is the midi dress.  It’s the perfect combination of length, function and versatility.  Here I’ve styled my dress three ways to carry this one piece from easy basic, to sporty casual, to polished business savvy.  With a few accessory changes and layering this one dress takes on three easy, yet distinct vibes.
DSC08372-800
dress - Addition Elle | necklace - Stella & Dot | booties - Dollhouse (Winners)
What I love about just throwing on this dress is the simplicity of it.  It’s a great backdrop for creating different looks, but it looks so effortless on it’s own.  Here I paired it with cutout booties and understated accessories.  
DSC08411-800
sweatshirt - Penningtons | necklace - Aldo Accesories | bag - B-Low The Belt | boots - Addition Elle
Using the dress as a foundation layer, I used a cropped sweatshirt for more a more sporty feel.  It’s gives the illusion of a midi skirt, giving you more than just a dress.  With an oversized slouchy bag, the look stays casual.
DSC08398-800
vest (modified jacket) - Your Big Sister's Closet | oxford collar harness - TheLeatherCoven | bag - Aldo | ring - Mirror Image | booties - Addition Elle
The sign of a truly versatile dress, is being able to dress it up and pair it down.  By popping on a blazer vest, a great structured bag and a belt, the dress transforms from casual to sophisticated.  Instead of a basic belt, here I opted for this amazing Oxford Collar Harness, by TheLeatherCoven.  It’s a sexy twist on a collared shirt and gives the look an edge.     

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate all three versions!! And I need to get my hands on, or make, a similar harness..I'm swooning!! I also have to give you props for you mad photo stitching skillz!!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Thanks for sharing this informative blog post. Midi Dress is absolutely perfect for any occasion. Planning to buy it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good article and very beneficial, continue to work for the common good, thank you
    vimax - izon 4D

    ReplyDelete