Monday, April 28, 2014

|Style| Birthday Witch, Supreme Style

DSC03399
dress and vest (modified jacket) - Forever21 | belt - Penningtons | leggings - Old Navy | shoes - Spring | hat - ebay | purse - gift from Protugal
I love birthdays.  More specifically, I love my birthday!  From the age of 24, I’ve been celebrating with themed parties, under the banner Gettin’ Loose And Messy With Jessie.  Since the first annual GLAMWJ Presents, there have been themes like Vegas Baby, The Mad Men Birthday (complete with early ‘60s fashions) and last year’s Peter Pan themed birthday (my 30th).  The themes come from all kinds of inspiration.  It could be the age I’m turning, a costume idea or a show or movie I’m into at the time.  This year drew inspiration from the latter.  

It was no surprise to people that know me well that I was obsessed with American Horror Story: Coven this year.  The story may have gotten a little side tracked at times, but there was no denying the killer style and design the show brought to the small screen (also see my On Wednesdays We Wear Black post).  The idea to turn my love of the FX show into my 31st birthday theme came from a lunch date with one of my best girlfriends.  We were enjoying a delicious meal at Southern Accent, a Cajun/Creole restaurant celebrating the food and culture of New Orleans.  As I was eating my chicken fried steak it dawned on me, this would be the perfect place to have a Coven themed party and a fabulous excuse to buy myself a version of the amazing hats I was living for on AHS: Coven!

Gettin’ Loose And Messy With Jessie Presents: Biffi’s The New Supreme - The American Horror Story: Coven Edition took place on April 13th.  Party guests were asked to infuse their favourite witch’s style into their outfit.  And as Fiona Goode would say, “wear something...black”.  

My look was a little Zoe meets Queenie, with a Biffi edge.  I paired a racer-back dress dress with a spiked jacket-turned-vest.  I punched up the witch vibe with a wide brimmed felt hat and cutout oxfords.  

DSC03394 DSC03400
The celebration was fantastic.  Great food and amazing friends (that also looked on point in their Coven inspired outfits), what more could I ask for?  I even got the opportunity to sit down with one of the in-house tarot card readers and have a spiritually guided conversation about what my next 12 months will bring with my career and with the BF.  It was very interesting and gave me a few things to think about.  

CovenPartyBlog
This was one of the best GLAMWJs yet.  I can’t thank everyone enough for coming out and celebrating with me in style!  You made getting one year older feel like the greatest thing in the world.  I am truly blessed.    


I wonder what I’ll do next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment