Saturday, November 1, 2014

|Style| BeetleJuice! BeetleJuice! BeetleJuice!

DSC04062-800
Halloween is hands down my favourite holiday.  Even more so than Christmas.  It’s all the things I love coming together to create the ultimate look!  If you know me, you know I like to go hard for Halloween.  Even though I’ve been crazy busy this month, I didn’t want to drop the ball for Halloween.  And since Halloween needed to be on a budget this year (saving for some exciting things to come!), I wanted the look to be makeup focused. 

As a kid BeetleJuice always scared me.  But as I got older, I’ve fallen in love with all things Tim Burton.  The aesthetic and charm of his movies draw you into his world, and I’ve alway had a soft spot for Winona Ryder in all their works together.  Enter the perfect costume: Lydia Deetz!  
Lydia Collage
I had all I needed at home already!  I transformed an old wig from an old costume, into Lydia’s signature half-up-half-down, interesting bangs hairstyle, and layered on the black and black clothes.  For the makeup, I wanted to keep true to the makeup from the movie, but make it a little more glam, with some extra contouring and lashes!  
DSC04067-800
top and skirt - Addition Elle | long sleeve shirt - H&M | leggings - Forever 21+ | shoes - Dollhouse (Winners) | belt - Torrid
All in all the costume was pretty simple, but the reactions I got while out, were priceless.  What did you dress up as?  Feel free to share links in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! This is an excellent Lydia!!! I luuurve me some Beetlejuice!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are designed according to the new online shopping pakistan fashion and demands of young girls
    Online Shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

  3. online shopping pakistan
    Online Shopping in pakistan
    Online Sopping was never an easy option some years ago, but now in this era it’s a simple way to save your time and money through online shopping and the perception of shop has significantly changed in recent years. Before you go for online shopping, you must have some knowledge about the procedure of online shopping

    ReplyDelete

  4. online shopping pakistan
    Online Shopping in pakistan
    The younger generation has been the early adopters of online shopping in Pakistan. The future of online shopping seems bright; with more than 23 million people online in Pakistan and people choosing convenience above all other factors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shop online, like choosing a product from visiting the online store and then making payments
    online shopping pakistan online. Order can be placed for some products and they are delivered to the door steps of the user and payment can be done by cash.
    Online Shopping in pakistan

    ReplyDelete