Thursday, September 26, 2013

|Style| Today's The Day...

DSC02491
I am so excited for fall!  I suffer through summer and all the frizz, humidity and sweating off my perfectly placed makeup, to embrace all fall has to offer.  Sweaters, layers, scarves, rich colours, frizz free hair and not being hot from just standing still.  Though it is not as cool as we Torontonians are used to, I will take it!  I’m like that one guy you see on the first day the snow starts to melt, wearing shorts, but in reverse.  Give me a fall breeze and I’m busting out the boots and capes!

One of my favourite fall trends is the rich bold colour palette.  Jewel tones and depth of colour give a nice warmth when it’s chilly outside.  This Oxblood hi-low top from Penningtons was a no brainer.  It’s a great length to pair with leggings, which makes it a no fuss piece you can easily style many ways.   The colour is totally on point for fall and is a nice backdrop for my favourite metallic of choice - gold!  I’m happy that people are finally on board with the thick, chunky chain look.  (Personally I’ve been trying to make this a thing for years now).  This necklace from Aldo Accessories had to come home with me as soon as I saw it.  
DSC02494
Another reason I have been craving the cold air is so I could finally wear these amazing faux leather leggings from Addition Elle.  When I tried them on they fit so well and were so cozy, but when I took them off I realized how warm they made me.  They have been living in my closet since the beginning of August, just waiting for their time to shine. 

Topping this date night out with the bf look is my worn-in Old Navy jacket.  This old gem is a great piece in spring and fall.  Just enough to keep off the cold but add a casual element to this otherwise edgier look.
DSC02485
Outfit Details: 

denim jacket - Old Navy | top - Penningtons | faux leather leggings - Addition Elle | shoes and bag- Aldo |necklace and watch - Aldo Accessories | jewellery - all over (did I mention I have a midi ring addiction?)  

No comments:

Post a Comment