Monday, October 7, 2013

|Events| Consign Your Curves

Consign Your Curves For Online Use
*Rack rental is now closed*
Back in July I got a chance to check out Big Deal Toronto, which is a closet sale for some of the plus size bloggers in Toronto.  It was an awesome way to meet people in the plus/blogger community and get your shop on.  The variety of styles and new brands to discover also really got my attention (as well as the attention of my wallet).  

I had the good fortune of running into Carlie from Friends In My Closet....  Carlie is from my hometown of Guelph, and was planning on creating an event like Big Deal Toronto, in the area.  Thinking it was a great idea, we chatted about me joining the line up of “celebrity” closets for the event.
DSC02639
Me and Carlie at CYC
On October 5th, Consign Your Curves opened its doors to a line up of excited shoppers.  Carlie and myself were joined by blogger and celebrity closets of Karyn of Killer Kurves, Sheena Snively of MTV, model Melissa Shannon and Erica from Erica Exposed, to name a few.  There was also a rack rental open to the ladies of the community that wanted to make some space in their closets (or just fill that space with some new, gently used fashions).  The event was bumpin’.  Between the hours of 12 to 4pm there was always a full house.  It was amazing to see the turn out for what we thought was going to be a small event.  
DSC02637
Sheena and I
DSC02631
I had a very successful sale.  I had brought a lot of stuff, and while it was hard for me to part with, it was nice to make a little return off of my shopping habit and clear space for future fall goodies.  With the sale I was even able to make space for the bf to have his own section of the closet, instead of the 5’‘ of space I allowed him prior.  (He knew what he was getting into when he moved in).  
DSC02625
Racks on racks on racks...
Since I was actively trying to reduce my closet, I was on good behaviour and didn’t buy much.  I got a great 60s inspired fall/light winter cropped coat, a chunky knit grey open sweater and a cropped military jacket.  All for less than $40!  The great thing about events like this is that they are easy on your wallet and great for sustainable fashion.  All in all Consign Your Curves was a huge success and I hope that it becomes an annual event.
DSC02627
faux leather skater skirt, button down top and cuff - Forever 21 | leggings, necklace and watch - Additional Elle | heeled sneakers - Spring | rings and bracelets - Aldo Accessories

1 comment:

  1. I am truly pleased to read this website posts which carries lots of helpful data and Your blog is awfully appealing.
    Corporate Events Booking Agency

    ReplyDelete